[libvirt-users] automatically detaching PCI host devices from guest for SRIOV usage.

Alex Jia ajia at redhat.com
Thu Aug 23 02:51:58 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rajesh Kumar Mallah" <mallah at tradeindia.com>
To: "Alex Jia" <ajia at redhat.com>
Cc: libvirt-users at redhat.com, "vikas pandey" <vikas_pandey at tradeindia.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 7:37:05 PM
Subject: Re: [libvirt-users] automatically detaching PCI host devices from guest for SRIOV usage.

|   Could you attach your libvirtd.log? which's version your libvirt?
| in addition, if your guest has a desktop, please login and check if
| the network configuration exists issues.
|
| Thanks,
| Alex

Dear Alex ,

What logging level is useful for you ?

Dear Rajesh,

Level 1 (Debug) should be enough, but I guess it probably hasn't more help for us,
you had better to login the guest then check network when you were meeting this issue
again, for example, to check if network configuration is valid and try to restart
relevant network services to see if the guest network can work again or something
like that, In addition, you shut down the guest via running 'halt' in the guest,
Does it work for you if you use libvirt relevant interface such as 'virsh shutdown guest'
or 'virsh destroy guest'?

Regards,
Alex

Regards,
Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Tel. 91-11-46710500 (Ext:303)
Cell +919811255597
Website: http://www.tradeindia.com/
\|/ \|/ \|/   stop printing   \|/ \|/ \|/
 |   |   |    start planting   |   |   |