[libvirt-users] Running libvirt from source on Ubuntu

Shawn Furrow sfurrow at vt.edu
Thu Aug 23 18:30:43 UTC 2012

Will,

I have been running the libvirt daemon as "shawn" because when running as
"root", "ps aux | grep libvirtd" does not show that the daemon is running.
So I uninstalled and re-installed libvirt as "root" but to no avail. For
some reason I cannot start the daemon as root. I don't get any errors when
doing this, it just doesn't run.

Shawn