[libvirt-users] Newer Builds Available for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS?

Andrew Martin amartin at xes-inc.com
Fri Dec 14 15:08:33 UTC 2012

Hello,

I am running Libvirt 0.9.8 and QEMU 1.0 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS on several virtual machine servers and would like to take advantage of some of the snapshotting functionality available in newer versions of QEMU and Libvirt:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvirt-users/2012-August/msg00086.html

Is anyone maintaining newer binary builds for Ubuntu? I was not able to find a PPA with updated packages, and building from source is proving rather tricky because my custom-built packages have some differences from the official packages (e.g. no upstart integration). I would really like to use the newer versions of Libvirt and QEMU on this LTS release.

Thanks,

Andrew