[libvirt-users] Need help regarding perl sys::virt

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Wed Dec 19 17:11:53 UTC 2012

On 12/18/2012 03:43 AM, Rawat, Vishwanath wrote:

[Please don't top-post on technical lists]

> Hi Daniel,

I'm not Daniel; but one of the joys of open source development is that
by posting to a public list, you can get answers from anyone.

> 	It means that libvirt (and other related) libs should be installed on both client and server?
>  Client is the machine from where connection is made(using $uri) to Remote machine(server).

libvirt.so must be installed on the client machine, and both libvirt.so
and libvirtd must be installed on the server machine.  If you use
Fedora, this would be done by installing libvirt-client on the client,
and libvirt-daemon-kvm (and all packages it depends on) on the server.