[libvirt-users] Is thre any way to change the vm computer name which joined AD

Trey Dockendorf treydock at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 19:56:22 UTC 2012

On Dec 24, 2012 5:15 AM, "Timon Wang" <timonwst at gmail.com> wrote:

> How to create a template VM with libvirt? Could you pelease offer me more
detail. Many thanks

As far as I know there's no defined method or virsh command to do with
templates.  My reference to templates is more the idea of creating a VM
who's purpose is to act as a clone source for future VMs.  This system
would be configured then sysprepped.  The final step of a sysprep is a
shutdown, so once shutdown this "template" would remain offline until a
change to the base is needed.  Any startup of this VM would require another
sysprep before being cloned.

If more than a handful of clones need to be made I'd recommend looking at
OPSI or MDT for provisioning.

- Trey