[libvirt-users] want to access the page file of VM from host on Xen platform

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Thu Feb 9 21:05:43 UTC 2012

[re-adding the list, so others may benefit from the answers]

On 02/09/2012 02:00 PM, Irfan Ahmed wrote:
> thanks Eric.  Just for clarification, if the page is swaped out from RAM to HDD, will virDomainMemoryPeek functionalso retrive the block of size 'size' from that too or it is only restricted to the pages exist in RAM.

virDomainMemoryPeek is limited to reading what is in the guest's RAM.
As I said earlier, if you are interested in reading what is in the
guest's disk, you might find libguestfs to be a more powerful tool.

> Is there any example program that uses virDomainMemoryPeek function.

Alas, no one has yet wired up virsh to call virDomainMemoryPeek (patches
welcome), and I don't personally have any example programs that use it.
 Rich Jones might have some better ideas (as both author of libguestfs,
and as the implementer of virDomainMemoryPeek).