[libvirt-users] QEMU hook on restore

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Fri Feb 10 18:45:49 UTC 2012

On 02/10/2012 05:43 AM, Székelyi Szabolcs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using libvirt 0.8.3. It looks like to me that when a QEMU domain is
> restored from save, the hook is called with the "stopped end -" arguments.

That sounds like a bug, although I haven't yet looked in the code to see
for sure.  Are you sure you are not getting confused with the hook
invocation issued at the time the save completes?  At any rate, I agree
that both saving and restoring a domain should trigger hooks, and that
we ought to make sure the hook arguments are recognizable as distinct
from normal stop and start events.

> I've also noticed that the domain description passed to the hook script
> doesn't contain the network device the host will be attached to (XPath:
> /domain/devices/interface/target/@dev).

This is a different question; right now it is a feature that we don't
ever expose the actual network device through dumpxml to the user.  But
given your use case of a hook, we might have a reason to do it after
all.  Laine, thoughts?