[libvirt-users] virt-manager thru window's remote desktop

Hisao Taguchi hisao.taguchi at uniadex.co.jp
Mon Feb 13 01:59:28 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am trying to operate the remote KVM host's virt-manager thru Terminal Server Client.

This KVM hosts is CentOS6.0 and running KVM guest and xrdp is installed from "epel" repo.
And I'm using fedora 14's Terminal Server Client.

After I started Virtual Machine Manager and try to connect to the hypervisor,
following error happened. Is there any way to resolve this error?
I know that when I use VNC server , this error does not happened,
but I want to use Terminal Server rather than VNC,
because this doesn't need extra software for windows client PCs.

-- Error snip --
Virtual Machine Manager Connection Failure
Unable to open a connection to the libvirt management daemon.
Libvirt URI is: qemu:///system
Verify that:
- The 'libvirtd' daemon has been started
Details

Unable to open connection to hypervisor URI 'qemu:///system':
authentication failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py",
line 992, in_try_open
    None],flags)
   File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/libvirt.py",line
111,in openAuth
   if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virConnectOpenAuth()
failed')
libvirtError: authentication failed

-- end --

Hisao