[libvirt-users] libvirt -user'question

冰淇淋 453193368 at qq.com
Tue Feb 21 03:15:54 UTC 2012

hi,:
 I am a new user of libvirt ,I asked a question about using libvirt to connect to esxi server. I got the answer is https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2012-February/msg00860.html
     So,I try to make the change on the mailing list you just added.
  -     * Add a dummy expect header to stop CURL from waiting for a response code
  +     * Add an empty expect header to stop CURL from waiting for a response code
  -    curl->headers = curl_slist_append(curl->headers, "Expect: nothing");
 +    curl->headers = curl_slist_append(curl->headers, "Expect:");
and I did the follow steps in my computer:
  1../configure --with-esx
 2.make
 3.make install
 4../autogen.sh --prefix=$HOME/usr
 5.make
 6.make install
 I complete installing the libvirt and run the command :virsh --version  ,get the right answer 0.9.7
 and I run the command :virsh -c esx://me@exampe.com/?tansport=http
 the error before I mentioned related to http did disappeared ,but
 and I still get a error like:error: internal error XPath evaluation of response for call to 'RetrieveServiceContent' failed
 I don't understand what does this error mean,or is  my steps wrong ?so I hope you can help me to figure out the promble. thanks a lot and so sorry for trouble you too much .waiting for you reply on line.

 ps: I have another question about libvirt , I saw this :%if %{with_esx}%if 0%{?fedora} >= 9 || 0%{?rhel} >= 6 in /libvirt0.9.7/livirt.spec,I want to know if libvirt esx driver only can be useful on fedora>=9||rhel>=6,and the other OS like centos 6.0 or redhat ,will disable the use of esx driver of libvirt.

 thanks again.
 best regards!