[libvirt-users] Virtualizing a an old SuSE system

Dale Amon amon at vnl.com
Sun Feb 26 02:42:31 UTC 2012

I'm in the midst of an attempt to convert an
old and rather large SuSE server (5 disks) into
a virsh loadable VM. Has anyone else dealt with
the issues of systems of this sort? I'm at the
moment trying to hand construct a machine xml
file for it. I managed to create one which would
load but not start.

I'd appreciate some pointers and can supply
whatever info you'd like about what I am
trying to do and what the dd'd image of the
system disk and other disks are like.

Not that they do have LVM's, although the boot
should be off a base partition that is not
in the LVM.