Re: [libvirt-users] Unable to collect VM metrics for ESX using libvirt

On 02/10/2012 09:35 AM, sethu subbiah wrote:

> gives an error libvirt.libvirtError: this function is not supported by the
> connection driver: virDomainInterfaceStats
>

> I have used similar scripts with xen and kvm and it worked well. Can
> someone tell me what mistake I am doing or if the driver doesnt support
> these functions, is there any other way of getting the stats ?? Thank you.

The error message is correct - no one has yet submitted patches for the
ESX backend driver in libvirt to provide those statistics.  Your code is
correct, and will start working if anyone ever patches ESX to provide
the information.