[libvirt-users] lockmanager for use with clvm

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Feb 23 11:56:33 UTC 2012

Hi,

i am setting up a cluster of kvm hypervisors managed with libvirt.
The storage pool is on iscsi with clvm. To prevent that a vm is
started on more than one hypervisor, I want to use a lockmanager
with libvirt.

I could only find sanlock as lockmanager, but AFSIK sanlock will not
work in my setup as I don't have a shared filesystem. I have dlm running
for clvm. Are there lockmanager implementations that use dlm? Or other
implementations that can be used in my setup?

Regards

     Michael Menge

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen