[libvirt-users] lockmanager for use with clvm

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Sat Feb 25 00:04:14 UTC 2012

On 02/23/2012 04:56 AM, Michael Menge wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i am setting up a cluster of kvm hypervisors managed with libvirt.
> The storage pool is on iscsi with clvm. To prevent that a vm is
> started on more than one hypervisor, I want to use a lockmanager
> with libvirt.
>
> I could only find sanlock as lockmanager, but AFSIK sanlock will not
> work in my setup as I don't have a shared filesystem. I have dlm running
> for clvm. Are there lockmanager implementations that use dlm? Or other
> implementations that can be used in my setup?

The lock manager framework is designed to be extensible, although Dan
Berrange's early attempts at an fcntl-manager [1] have not been touched
in a couple months due to other more pressing issues.  No one has
written a manager for dlm, but it would be an interesting addition if
you would like to step in and contribute code; and the fcntl-manager
attempt should serve as a good starting point of how to do it.

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2011-July/msg00347.html