[libvirt-users] Libvirt API for C/C++ : Monitoring Support

pratik.patel at snstech.com pratik.patel at snstech.com
Thu Jan 12 07:04:59 UTC 2012

Greetings,

I am a developer, trying to develop a system for monitoring Servers and Virtual Machines using Libvirt API for C/C++. I am facing an issue that there are no functions for monitoring some parameters which I have listed below. I would like to know if there is any there way I can retrieve these parameters since they are critical to my Monitoring Application. Also I am using CentOS 5.6 as a development machine which only supports up to libvirt-devel package version 0.8.2 due to which I am unable to use the newer development binaries (which are only built for newer RedHat kernels) which have support for certain functions that do not work on the one I am using.

List of parameters:

For Server Monitoring:
1. Memory Swap-In
2. Memory swap-Out