[libvirt-users] virt-manager 0.9.0-r2 gentoo, no starting

Marko Weber weber at zackbummfertig.de
Wed Jan 18 09:55:36 UTC 2012

Hi Christian,

databunka ~ # echo $DISPLAY
localhost:10.0

Thats shown when i do echo $DISPLAY on the machine.
when i connect from a remote system with
' ssh -Y root at ....'  the virt-manager pop up like it should.

the problem was only when i sit infront of the machine, logged in as
user 'root'.
my thought was that something is wrong with gtk or so , because of the
error message.
>>  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virt-manager.py", line 285, in main
>>    raise RuntimeError(_("Unable to initialize GTK: %s") % gtk_error)
>> RuntimeError: Kann GTK nicht initialisieren: could not open display

maybe its the X11DisplayOffset 10  in the sshd.config ?

marko