[libvirt-users] Python bindings for libvirt

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Jan 6 11:52:53 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jan 06, 2012 at 05:17:57PM +0530, Ananth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I referred to the developer guide in libvirt.org regarding python bindings.
> But the document says TBD and it was last updated in 2010.
> Could you point to any sources regarding python bindings to call libvirt
> APIs?

Unfortunately there is no dedicated guide to the python bindings. To
help you get started it is best to look at some of the examples in
the libvirt source tree  under the 'examples/' directory.

Also, the python interpretor can provide online help about the APIs

eg

 $ python
 print dir(libvirt)
 print help(libvirt)