[libvirt-users] hooks not working on Ubuntu

Zoltan Lippai zoli at lippai.net
Sun Jan 8 22:52:09 UTC 2012

Hi everybody!

I was trying to set up port forwarding to one of my VM's but I'm stuck.
I was following this guide:
http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Networking#Forwarding_Incoming_Connections

So I've created the hook script but it seems like libvirt is not calling it upon the start of the VM.
I've put this into the hook script:

date >> /tmp/libvirt-hook-debug

but the file was never created.
Also I put this in the script:

echo "Could not find required XYZZY" >&2
exit 1

(just to make sure)
This should show up in the libvirt log, but it's not there.

I think it is safe to say, that this script is never called.
I am using Ubuntu 11.10 and I know about the apparmor.d bug (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libvirt/+bug/891472) so I tried to change the apparmor profile as suggested, I even tried to turn apparmor off temporarily (service apparmor teardown) but still no luck.
I have libvirt 0.9.2-4ubuntu15.1 (they say the bug is fixed in 0.9.7 but it's not yet available in the repo and I'm not even sure, that my problem is related to that bug).

So do you have any idea what could be going on in here?

Thanks,
Zoltan Lippai