[libvirt-users] Communication with Hyper-V

Vadim Gurevich vgurevich at juniper.net
Tue Jan 10 09:55:32 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm interested in using libvirt to communicate with Microsoft's Hyper-V.
I'm trying to use virsh, but with no success. I have a machine that runs
Windows Server Developer Preview with Hyper-V on it, ip x.x.x.x
I set the service Basic and AlloUnencrypted properties on this machine
to true, as required

I also have a Linux machine x.x.y.y, with libvirt installed. This is
what I get:

virsh -c hyperv://x.x.x.x/?transport=http
error: Cannot read CA certificate '/etc/pki/CA/cacert.pem': No such file
or directory
error: failed to connect to the hypervisor

My questions are:

1.	As I understand, if my hypervisor was on Linux, there's a daemon
"libvirtd" that should be installed on it. Is there an equivalent
service for Windows? I installed this thing on the Hyper-V machine:
http://libvirt.org/sources/win32_experimental/Libvirt-0.8.8-0.exe, but
am not sure about its purpose.
2.	Why do I get an error about certificate, when I specified the
transport to be http?

Thanks,
Vadim