[libvirt-users] When IPv6 is disabled, libvirtd cannot start on boot

Lei Yang clanherb at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 15:37:22 UTC 2012

Hi all,

When IPv6 is disabled in modprobed.conf through:

> options ipv6 disable=1

libvirtd cannot start on boot, it produces the following debug message:

> libvirtd: 1545: error : virCommandWait:2192 : internal error Child process (/bin/sh -c IPT=/usr/sbin/ip6tables
> cmd='$IPT -n -L FORWARD'
> eval res=\$\("${cmd} 2>&1"\)
> if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then echo "Failure to execute command '${cmd}' : '${res}'."; exit 1;fi
>
> libvirtd: 851: error : virNetSocketNewListenTCP:226 : Unable to create socket: Address family not supported by protocol

However, I can successfuly start libvirtd later on without IPv6 support.  I think IPv6 is disabled in the early stage during system boot, so libvirtd should not assume the IPv6 is in exist during service start. But I could be wrong, please point me out, Thanks.

My OS: Linux 3.1.7-1-ARCH
/etc/rc.conf: DAEMONS=(hwclock dbus syslog-ng network netfs crond sshd libvirtd)

--
Lei Yang