[libvirt-users] How to change libvirt / cgroup interaction?

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Thu Jan 26 21:38:42 UTC 2012

On 01/25/2012 04:27 AM, Samuel Hassine wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Do you know if there is a way to modify how libvirt interacts with the
> cgroup?
>
> Because, I successfully add the /dev/net/tun support in my LXC container
> by doing:
>
> echo c 10:200 rwm >> /cgroup/libvirt/lxc/instance-00000005/devices.allow

Libvirt is supposed to be automatically modifying devices.allow as part
of setting up domains, so that devices mentioned/required by the domain
XML are permitted and no other devices are passed through (that is,
libvirt is already using cgroups as part of its sVirt strategy).  At
least this is true for qemu while using sVirt.  But you mentioned LXC,
where sVirt is just now barely being added; so maybe the answer is to
wait for the 0.9.10 release, and then ask the question again.