[libvirt-users] vm grub errors

]4M3Z jessejames at riseup.net
Sun Jul 22 18:37:34 UTC 2012

I found the solution to this.
Apparently the order of disk devices passed as arguments to virt-install
is important. It seems that the device where the bootable partition will
be installed must be the first in line of disks passed to
virt-install. The debian installer chooses to install grub to the first
virtual drive, vda ,and apparently the bootable partition must also
reside on the same disk. i.e. you cannot install the mbr to vda and ask
grub to boot a partition from vdb.