[libvirt-users] Metadata accessible within guests

Renich Bon Ciric renich at woralelandia.com
Mon Jul 9 07:43:34 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'd like to know if there is any way to make metadata; for example,
the public part of an SSH, accessible within a Guest?

This would be very useful in order to provide access to Guests in an
automated way.

For example, let's suppose I have an implementation that gives a user
the power to create Guests. The user has stored his public SSH key in
my implementation.

After the user creates a Guest, I can inject (with a proper rc.local
script or something of the sorts) his/her SSH key properly.

This would be useful for a million things. Another cool feature would
be that I could sync the root password with the SPICE/VNC password.

anyway, if there is a way to store metadata into an XML and, maybe,
access it with some tool from within the Guest, this would be awesome.

Thank you for your time.

--
It's hard to be free... but I love to struggle. Love isn't asked for;
it's just given. Respect isn't asked for; it's earned!

http://www.woralelandia.com/
http://www.introbella.com/