[libvirt-users] guest VM waiting for a symbol at serial console

Andrey Korolyov andrey at xdel.ru
Mon Jul 9 14:56:40 UTC 2012

Hi,

Recently I`ve run into weird bug, which may be reproduced in following way:

- start qemu virtual machine configured with direct boot and kernel args
like 'console=tty0 console=ttyS0,38400n8', connect to serial console,
disconnect and then shutdown vm
- try to start vm again, machine hangs on booting kernel until I press
any key into 'virsh console' session
- after first power cycle, this bug remains until host system will be
rebooted.

This happens only when vm experiencing 'power cycle', rebooting inside
same kvm process do fine.

guest kernel 3.4.4/3.2.20, libvirt 0.9.12 and qemu-1.1.0