Re: [libvirt-users] About IBM PowerVM hypervisor support

On 07/10/2012 10:23 PM, Eduardo Otubo wrote:
On Thu, Jul 05, 2012 at 10:50:11AM +0800, Dennis Chen wrote:

Eduardo,

Thanks for the help! I encounter an issue when trying to connect the
remote VIOS/IVM server:

1. The used virsh is built from 0.9.12 source code with ./configure
--prefix=/usr --with-phyp; make; make install;

2. When I try to connect the VIOS server with ssh, it succeeds with
output looks like:
root dennis-:/home/libvirt-0.9.12# ssh padmin 10 30 56 60
padmin 172 30 56 60's password:
     Last unsuccessful login: Wed Jul  4 21:22:22 CDT 2012 on ssh
from 10.16.10.94
Last login: Wed Jul 4 21:23:14 CDT 2012 on /dev/pts/1 from 10.16.10.94
     [vios:/home/padmin]

3. My virsh runs in the local ubuntu 12.04 system, and I've executed
the following command:
     sudo usermod -G libvirtd -a padmin

4. When I try connect the VIOS server with virsh, issue occurs:

root dennis-:/home/libvirt-0.9.12# virsh -c phyp://padmin 10 30 56 60
     Enter padmin's password for 10.30.56.60:
     error: An error occurred, but the cause is unknown
     error: failed to connect to the hypervisor

root dennis-:/home/libvirt-0.9.12# virsh -c
phyp+ssh://padmin 10 30 56 60
padmin 10 30 56 60's password:
     error: End of file while reading data: bash: sh: command not
found: Input/output error
     error: failed to connect to the hypervisor

     some times the last command also shows error message like:
root dennis-:/home/libvirt-0.9.12# virsh -c
phyp+ssh://padmin 10 30 56 60
padmin 10 30 56 60's password:
     error: Cannot recv data: bash: sh: command not found: Connection
reset by peer
     error: failed to connect to the hypervisor

Is there any tips about this?
Sorry for the late reply.

You must connect to the HMC instead of the VIOS - VIOS commands will be
transparently passed along the HMC tunnel. You also must specify the
managed system name in the command line:

  $ virsh -c phyp://user [hmc|ivm]/managed_system

I'll try to post a patch this week to update the documentation. Any issues
please feel free to ping me in the IRC as well.

phyp driver is important for our project, so I am trying to debug it these days, yes, the uri should be: phyp://user hmc_server/managed_system. And I made some progress, hopefully I can resolve the connection issue finally. Now the phyp driver can connect to the remote HMC server successfully, but seems the phyp uri conflicts with the libvirt remote driver, so after connection, the "virsh # list" command followed will result in "segment fault" error, I found that the reason is "remoteGenericOpen" called in the do_open will clear the virConnectPtr conn->networkPrivatedata, maybe we need a patch to fix that.

BRs,
Dennis