Re: [libvirt-users] Starting a program inside VM through libvirt

On 2012年07月12日 14:43, Jørgen Nordmoen wrote:
Hi again.

I was just wondering if there are any support for running programs
inside a VM through libvirt. From what I can see in the API the only
solution I found was connecting to the VM with openConsole and running
the program I want. This however seems a bit tricky through Python and I
was just wondering if there are any simpler solutions.

libguestfs does the work.

http://libguestfs.org/

And you might also want to have a look at qemu-ga, Libvirt supports
to talk to qemu-ga with APIs (only a few qemu-ga commands), and anyway
qemu-ga supports relatively few commands, no support for running
a program inside a guest yet.

Regards,
Osier