[libvirt-users] Attaching usb devices

	Is the only way to attach a usb device to a vm first specifying the device,

    <hostdev mode='subsystem' type='usb' managed='no'>
      <source>
        <vendor id='0x3080'/>
        <product id='0x1234'/>
      </source>
    </hostdev>

and then booting the vm while the device is attached? Can't I attach/detach a USB device to the vm later? I did try the method suggested in http://david.wragg.org/blog/2009/03/usb-pass-through-with-libvirt-and-kvm.html but did not have much luck.

Also, can anyone explain me what happened in this log excerpt:

husb: open device 1.18
husb: grabbed usb device 1.18
husb: config #1 need 1
husb: 1 interfaces claimed for configuration 1
husb: device 1.18 disconnected