[libvirt-users] Virsh Failing to Snapshot VMWare VM with Multiple Disks

Elizabeth Griffith e_beth_82 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 18 15:47:18 UTC 2012

I am trying to use virsh's snapshot-create command on a VMWare vm that has multiple disks in its device list, but the command is failing with the error:
"Could not create snapshot: FileNotFound - file [pool] filename.vmx".
However, this command works if my vm only has one disk in its device list.
I am using libvirt 0.9.10, and the storage pool is nfs mounted between the machine that I am running virsh on and the hypervisor.
Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong or if this is even supported by virsh?

Thanks.