[libvirt-users] virsh define function question

zhanggp zhanggp at neusoft.com
Thu Jul 19 07:01:55 UTC 2012

Hi,
How do I view the libvirt virsh domxml-to-native function implementation? I think this function contains some error.

Because we use libvirt to manage some host and vms on vmware hypervisor.
We use openenbula generate a template for libvirt ,such as my attachment windows2008.xml.
but when i use domxml-to-native to convert xml file to vmware config file vmx  as below.  This may not be accurate.
For example:
1. guestOs type : could I  config this parameter in xml file ,so after domxml-to-native to vmware.vmx , guestOS in my vmx file is "windows7srv-64 ".
And also my pciBridge disappeared !
So could someone help me and tell us about 'virsh-c the esx :/ /@host?no_verify=1 define windows2008.xml'  function realization。

Thanks all!

virsh # domxml-to-native vmware-vmx windows2008.xml
.encoding = "UTF-8"
config.version = "8"
virtualHW.version = "7"
guestOS = "other-64"
uuid.bios = "42 11 25 27 fd b6 7b 6d-72 3f 75 c6 25 fe ef 3e"
displayName = "windows2008"
memsize = "2048"
numvcpus = "2"
sched.cpu.shares = "normal"
ide0:0.present = "true"
ide0:0.deviceType = "ata-hardDisk"
ide0:0.fileName = "/vmfs/volumes/349969f9-070dee8d/./windows2008.vmdk"
floppy0.present = "false"
floppy1.present = "false"
ethernet0.present = "true"
ethernet0.virtualDev = "e1000"
ethernet0.networkName = "VM Network"
ethernet0.connectionType = "bridged"
ethernet0.addressType = "vpx"
ethernet0.generatedAddress = "00:50:56:91:00:07"
svga.vramSize = "8388608"

zhanggp
is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and may be confidential and/or privileged of
Neusoft Corporation, its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates. If any reader of this communication is
not the intended recipient, unauthorized use, forwarding, printing,  storing, disclosure or copying
immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message and all copies from
your system. Thank you.