[libvirt-users] virsh iface-list error

Ananth cbananth at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 21:06:26 UTC 2012

How are you launching the virsh program? The newly built libvirt will also
have virsh program. Ensure that you launch that virsh, otherwise the virsh
which is already defined in your PATH will be triggered, which would
connect to older version of libivrt. Ensure you replaced the libivirt
socket file with the new one. Type version on virsh prompt and verify if it
is the same as the one you compiled.

Regards
Ananth

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Arun Sharma <arajmail at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> Facing below error while trying to access the iface-list.
>
> # virsh iface-list
> *error: Failed to list active interfaces
> error: this function is not supported by the connection driver:
> virConnectNumOfInterfaces*
>
> root at kvm-1:/usr/local/src/libvirt# virsh list
>  Id    Name                           State
>  1     vm1                            running
>

> After some finding, i saw it require me to build libvirt with
> --with-netcf. I tried that too but still facing the same problem.
>
> Here are the steps perform on Ubuntu 1204 (64 bit) + qemu KVM.
>
> # git clone git://libvirt.org/libvirt.git
> # ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --with-qemu --with-init-script=upstart
> --with-yajl --with-netcf --with-network --with-init-script=upstart
> --with-libvirtd
> # make
> # make install
> # /usr/sbin/libvirtd &
> # /usr/sbin/dnsmasq --strict-order --bind-interfaces
> --pid-file=/var/run/libvirt/network/default.pid --conf-file=
> --except-interface lo --listen-address 192.168.122.1 --dhcp-range
> 192.168.122.2,192.168.122.254
> --dhcp-leasefile=/var/lib/libvirt/dnsmasq/default.leases
> --dhcp-lease-max=253 --dhcp-no-override
>

> Pl. let me know what could be the problem?
>
> Thanks
> Arun

Regards
Ananth