[libvirt-users] virsh iface-list error

Laine Stump laine at laine.org
Wed Jul 25 17:05:36 UTC 2012

On 07/24/2012 05:11 PM, Eric Blake wrote:
> On 07/24/2012 03:52 AM, Arun Sharma wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> Facing below error while trying to access the iface-list.
>>
>> # virsh iface-list
>> *error: Failed to list active interfaces
>> error: this function is not supported by the connection driver:
>> virConnectNumOfInterfaces*
> I think this is a result of this bug:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2012-July/msg01068.html

Only if the host OS actually has support for the netcf library that's
required to get the iface-* commands. Otherwise, fixing that bug won't
change the outcome - you would still need netcf to get the iface-*
functions.

As far as I can see, Ubuntu 12.04 doesn't have the netcf library
(although I know the Ubuntu guys have been working on patching it). Do
you have their netcf build?