[libvirt-users] virsh: migration job: unexpectedly failed

Alex Jia ajia at redhat.com
Fri Jun 8 10:11:09 UTC 2012

On 06/08/2012 02:21 PM, Xing.x.Gao wrote:
> Hi,I am use virsh and test the migration command,
> on server.example.com:
> # rpm -qa|grep libvirt
> libvirt-0.9.10-21.el6.x86_64
> libvirt-python-0.9.10-21.el6.x86_64
> libvirt-client-0.9.10-21.el6.x86_64
>
> # virsh version
> Compiled against library: libvir 0.9.10
> Using library: libvir 0.9.10
> Using API: QEMU 0.9.10
> Running hypervisor: QEMU 0.14.1
>
> #cat /etc/libvirt/libvirt.conf
> uri_aliases = [
>    "host1=qemu+ssh://root@host1.example.com/system",
host1? or node1?
> ]
>
> node1.example.com is the same version with server.example.com and on
> both server has the same storage pool with same path,
>
> first step,as  use the local storage,i copied the vm win7's disk from
> server.example.com to node1.example.com's storage pool,and did a
> pool-refresh.
Why need to run pool-refresh? and it's ran on node1.example.com?
> 2nd step:
> on server.example.com i use this command to do the migration job:
Please share your nfs configuration if you're using a nfs to share guest
image.
> #virsh start win7
>
> # virsh  migrate win7 host1 --copy-storage-inc --persistent --live --unsafe
> when the migation process begin ,i can see the win7 appear on the
> node1.example.com whos status is paused,but just after a few secs,errs
> come out:
> (server.example.com)
> # virsh  migrate win7 host1 --copy-storage-inc --persistent --live --unsafe
> error: operation failed: migration job: unexpectedly failed
> error: Reconnected to the hypervisor
Could you provide more libvirt debug information? please refer to the
following link if you haven't
do it ago, thanks.

http://libvirt.org/logging.html