[libvirt-users] Image booted using libvirt with --arch=i686 gives a message: Kernel detected only i486 CPU

Georgy Sebastian Pullolickal georgysebastian at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 11:30:05 UTC 2012

 I tried booting a gentoo image I had created using the command

virt-install --name=test --ram=512 --vcpus=1 --import --os-type=Linux
--arch=i686 --disk path=/vms/test.qcow2,format=qcow2 --graphics
vnc,port=5910,listen=0.0.0.0,password=test123 --network bridge=virbr0
--noautoconsole --description --autostart

However even though the architecture is specified as i686, the image does
not boot. It gives a message

This kernel requires an i586 CPU, but only detected an i486 CPU. Unable to
boot- please use a kernel appropriate for your CPU.

The created libvirt profile xml can be found at Pastebin
test.xml<http://pastebin.ca/2156937>

I am able to boot it directly using qemu --enable-kvm

I am at a loss about what could be causing such an issue?? Additionally is
there by which I can pass additional parameters to qemu using libvirt? I
understand that it is possible to pass the arguments by modifying the
domain xml, but is there any way to do the same though command line? For my
current work, I need to use a custom version of qemu with custom
arguments.

--
Regards
Georgy