[libvirt-users] A RFE for libvirt

Sebastien Douche sdouche at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 23:25:41 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 12:38 AM, Eric Blake <eblake at redhat.com> wrote:
> I personally find it easier to use virt-manager or virt-install or
> gnome-boxes to create an initial guest template, then to modify that XML
> for any final tweaks before using the guest in earnest.

Right, but the lack of provisioning is a huge miss. Before to use a
remote tool (libvirt), you must 1/ connect on the remote machine, 2/
create a xml file and 3/ define the domain.

> how easy it would be to add guest templating directly into libvirt, nor
> whether it would be duplicating effort that has already been coded
> elsewhere.

Integrating virt-install & virt-clone would be imho very good start point.

--
Sebastien Douche <sdouche at gmail.com>
Twitter: @sdouche / G+: +sdouche