[libvirt-users] What's the most recent compatible libvirt and qemu-kvm?

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Wed Jun 13 12:09:04 UTC 2012

On 06/12/2012 11:21 PM, Alex Jia wrote:

>>> 2012-06-12 19:53:42.675+0000: 6076: error :
>>> qemuCapsComputeCmdFlags:1209 : unsupported configuration: this qemu
>>> binary requires libvirt to be compiled with yajl

>> Need to install yajl-devel rpm package.
> # ./configure -h | grep yajl
>   --with-yajl             use YAJL for JSON parsing/formatting
> [default=check]

Hmm, I'm wondering if libvirt's configure.ac should be enhanced to probe
'qemu -version' when qemu support is enabled, and insist on yajl in that
case.  Obviously, this probe would have to be tolerant of qemu not
existing, but erroring out earlier than runtime might help people build
correctly since this seems to be a recurring question on the list.  And
it must not break on RHEL 5, where qemu is old enough to not require
yajl and where yajl is not available by default.