[libvirt-users] caps->nguests == 0?

Zhihua Che zhihua.che at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 06:56:08 UTC 2012

hi,

   I compiled the libvirt-0.9.10 and started the libvirtd with sudo.
Unfortunately, I got an Error, saying 'virDomainDefParseXML unknown OS
type hvm'. I debugged it and found in function
virCapabilitiesSupportsGuestOSType, the parameter caps->nguests is 0.
   On the other hand, I tried start the libvirtd with common user, and
creating domain with virsh, i found the caps->ngusts is 2 and had one
value 'hvm', so it didn't complain the error above, instead, it
complained could not load PC BIOS bios.bin.

I'd say I searched a lot and people say it's caused by without loading
kvm and kvm-intel module. So, I checked and it is loaded. Any tips
here?