[libvirt-users] manipulation extra features which hypervisors support

Rashid Zamani zamani at parspooyesh.com
Wed Jun 27 11:19:47 UTC 2012

Hello everybody,

I am wondering if libvirt community implement features specefic to only one
supported hypervisor?

I am trying to set the host name and DNS from within the libvirt xml file
in user mode network option (SLiRP).
Right now I am using the <qemu:commandline>.
My concern is if I want to use Xen or other hypervisors, how I should do
the same.

To be honest, I have not used any other hypervisor, except QEMU yet, I am
trying to write a code which can be used for any hypervisor libvirt
supports, though.
And I am not even sure if it is possible to set DNS address and so on the
way they are settable in QEMU.
Therefore, I was thinking if there is any standard xml element in
<interface> which I may use to solve my problem (setting dns, host name ,
and so on...) with.

On the IRC channel I received a reply that this feature has not been
implemented yet, and you are going to support it soon.
I am interested to contribute and join the community to imlement this
feature if possible.
Appreciate pointing me into right direction and thank you in advance.

Zamani