[libvirt-users] Speed of physical NIC?

Marcel Müller marcel-mueller at gmx.de
Thu Jun 28 12:22:54 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,

I’m trying to use libvirt to calculate some statistics about the current
guest utilizations, but I do have some problems in regards of networking.

I can do sampling of network speed by using the interfaceStats-API over a
predefined period of time. But to calculate the percentage of the used
bandwidth I need to know to what kind of network the interface is connected
to – 100 Mbit/s, 1000 Mbit/s,
? Is there any way to get this information
through Libvirt or is there any addition planned for that?

Thank you very much in advance,

Best Regards,

Marcel