[libvirt-users] Setting the default Hypervisor

RaSca rasca at miamammausalinux.org
Thu Mar 8 12:00:03 UTC 2012

Hi all,
I'm using libvirt with qemu-kvm and virtualbox on the same system.
Everything is working, but I want to change the default uri fo virsh.
At the moment, if i run:

# virsh uri
vbox:///system

and because of this, if I try to list my vm(s) in this way:

# virsh list --all
 Id Name                 State
----------------------------------

the output is empty. I need always to pass the uri:

# virsh -c qemu:///system list --all
 Id Name                 State
----------------------------------
  - ubuntu-vm            shut off

So, is there a way to set the default uri to be qemu:///system? I looked
into /etc/default/libvirt-guests and /etc/default/libvirt-bin but I was
not able to find an options (setting URIS= does not work).

I'm on Debian Squeeze with backports.

Thanks a lot,

--
RaSca
Mia Mamma Usa Linux: Niente è impossibile da capire, se lo spieghi bene!
rasca at miamammausalinux.org
http://www.miamammausalinux.org