[libvirt-users] Host does not support virtualization type 'xen'

Su Zhang westlifezs at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 16:43:45 UTC 2012

Hello Community,

 I successfully installed and run xen (xm list and xm info (but virt_caps
only has hvm) can output appropriately).
 However, while I was installing domU image by using virt-install -p at
domU OS. I encountered an
error information" Host does not support virtualization type 'xen' ".
I built xen from source. Some of my friends have the same issue, but if
they use pre-build xen, the issue will go away.
However, I want to insist in using my version of xen (build from source).
Does anyone can give any hint about this error?

I asked the same question at xen community and they said this is not a
issue from xen but libvirt. Meanwhile they told me I need to rebuild
libvirt to adapt my current version of Xen.

However, after I re-build xen (download, decompress, ./configure, make,
make install), the error is still there.
Can anyone let me know if I built the libvirt correctly? Do I need to do
anything specific to my current version (4.1.2) of Xen?
I'll appreciate if any suggestions can be given,

Thanks,

--
Su Zhang
Ph.D Candidate