[libvirt-users] Memory statistics for DomU's

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Wed Mar 14 20:17:46 UTC 2012

[your mailer broke threading because it failed to set In-Reply-To headers]

On 03/14/2012 01:41 PM, inge85 at web.de wrote:

>> The virDomainMemoryStats() is probably the
>> key API to be using,

> virDomainMemoryStats() I already focused, but there's not directly the data I
> need (read and written bytes of RAM).

Patches are welcome if you'd like to extend that API to provide
additional stats, from the hypervisors that actually track those stats.

> I don't understand, why it's so hard to track those data. I read something about
> "xentrace", a tool to read out some CPU counters, which can be used to
> approximate RAM accesse by using LLC-miss counter. Is there no easy way to get
> the data?

I'm not aware of one, but that doesn't mean there isn't one; and it may
be a simple patch to write if you can find the right place in the source.