[libvirt-users] virsh create error : monitor socket did not

Alex Jia ajia at redhat.com
Thu Mar 15 08:56:58 UTC 2012

On 03/15/2012 11:31 AM, 张光鹏 wrote:
> Hi,
> Occasionally I run into this situation , i created a vm-template and i
> use "virsh create vm-template " to start a vm .After a pause , i got
> this error :
> virsh create error : monitor socket did not ;
Could you provide your libvirt & qemu-kvm version ? what's your
platform? fedora or others?
> Then i try again with the same template and the same command , my vm
> created successfully.
> I try to find something in the file of
> /var/log/libvrit/qemu/vm-template.log, but i cannot find useful things
> except some parameters.
However, it's helpful if you may attach the above log as a attachment.
in addition, you may add the following lines into
/etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf and restart libvirtd service then repeat
'virsh create vm-template' again:

log_filters="3:remote 3:event 1:qemu 1:libvirt 1:conf"
log_outputs="1:file:/var/log/libvirt/libvirtd.log"

Could you attach /var/log/libvirt/libvirtd.log as a attachment in here?
> So , i wonder whether my host running vms too much ? I make sure that
> my template is right, and this error occasionally appear a few times.
But if you can attach your guest XML template as a attachment, maybe, I
can exclude other reason.

Regards,
Alex