[libvirt-users] Cant Update libvirt on fedora 15 i686

siddharth jain siddharth.jain210 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 08:28:23 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 8:28 PM, Eric Blake <eblake at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 03/24/2012 11:18 PM, siddharth jain wrote:
> > I am running Fedora15 on a i386 machine, and using libvirt 0.8.7.   I
> cant
> > update libvirt to 0.9.10 as they have not released 0.9.10 for i386 or
> i686
> > machines.
> > need help .
>
> Policy for Fedora releases is that once the release is made, only bug
> fixes to that version will be used; Fedora 15 won't ever ship newer than
> 0.8.7.  That said, you can use the fedora-virt-preview repo to get
> Fedora 16's libvirt coupled with the rest of Fedora 16.  Other
> possibilities are to update to Fedora 16 and/or help beta test Fedora
> 17, or to build libvirt from a tarball yourself rather than waiting for
> Fedora to do it for you.
>
> Good luck.
>
> --
> Eric Blake   eblake at redhat.com    +1-919-301-3266

Thanks Eric for your reply.
Using fedora-virt-preview , i can only get till libvirt-0.9.6
But i am interested in libvirt-0.9.10 version, bcoz libvirt-0.9.10 contains
the functions that i  require in my project.
And regarding tarball the problem is that i need the following dependencies:
libvirt-client,libvirt-devel libvirt-debuginfo ,pyhton-libvirt
And these are not shipped for i386 and i686 machine for the same verion
0.9.10.

--
Siddharth Jain
Final year,B.Tech