[libvirt-users] Constantly changing USB product ID

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.nl
Thu Mar 29 13:53:00 UTC 2012

Quoting Jaap Winius <jwinius at umrk.nl>:

> Another useful solution (certainly for me) would be the ability to
> pass-through any USB device that is attached to a certain physical
> bus/device number to the guest domain. But, I don't know that this
> is possible either.

Okay, I think I've come up with a workaround for this problem. I'm
still trying to get this to work, since there are some bugs, but the
idea is to make use of the motherboard's IOMMU and use PCI passthrough
to attach one of the USB controllers to the guest domain. Then that
wretched USB device can flip its product ID all it wants and the
system will continue to work.

Cheers,

Jaap