[libvirt-users] no connection driver available for No connection for URI xen:///

Alex Jia ajia at redhat.com
Fri Mar 16 05:16:49 UTC 2012

On 03/16/2012 12:12 PM, Su Zhang wrote:
> Alex,
>
> I changed the symbolic link to "/usr/local/lib/libvirt.so.0.9.10".
> Here is the running script:
>
> [root at XenTester libvirt-0.9.10]# rm /usr/lib64/libvirt.so.0
> rm: remove symbolic link `/usr/lib64/libvirt.so.0'? yes
> [root at XenTester libvirt-0.9.10]# ln -s
> /usr/local/lib/libvirt.so.0.9.10 /usr/lib64/libvirt.so.0
It's not enough, you had better to clean up your dirty libvirt
environment, for example, remove all of
  libvirt rpm package on host, then recompile libvirt and ./configure
--prefix=/usr && make && make install, or ./autogen --system && make &&
make install.

> I run "strace -o strace.txt virt-install --connect=xen:/// -p" once
> again, and the following error came out:
>
> ERROR    Error in network device parameters: Virtual network 'default'
> does not exist: this function is not supported by the connection
> driver: virNetworkLookupByName
> the  strace.txt is attached.
I think current xen URI works well for you, and you may try virt-install
--connect=xen:/// -p -d or virt-install -p -d to confirm this.

The above error is another issues, you need to change others stuff, it's
not enough to just link
/usr/local/lib/libvirt.so.0.9.10 /usr/lib64/libvirt.so.0, please follow
answer 1.