[libvirt-users] libvirt and SNMP agent

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Tue Mar 20 15:53:26 UTC 2012

On 20.03.2012 16:34, Ricardo Hillbrecht wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm working in a MIB to manage virtual machines using SNMP regardless of
> VMM manufacturer.
>
> To demonstrate this MIB, I plan to insert libvirt functions inside an
> SNMP agent (NET-SNMP agent).
>
> Does anyone know if there is some work using net-snmp and libvirt
> together, or can give advice about this ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Hillbrecht

Hi Ricardo,

there is this project libvirt-snmp which Eric just pointed out.
However, it is still in its infancy. All it can do for now is some basic
domain status reporting, starting and destroying domains. However, the
MIB - which is what you are interested in - is accessible here:

http://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt-snmp.git;a=blob;f=src/LIBVIRT-MIB.txt;hb=HEAD

Michal