[libvirt-users] Where can I get curl-devel version >=7.18.0 . libvirt 0.9.10 compile error with ESX in CentOs

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Mon Mar 26 14:27:19 UTC 2012

On 03/26/2012 04:43 AM, li_fuqiong wrote:
> To whom maybe concerned:
> I compile libvirt 0.9.10 in Centos. Command as follows:
>
> cd libvirt-0.9.10
>  ./configure --with-esx
> throw exception "configure: error: libcurl >= 7.18.0 is required for the ESX driver "
>
> yum install curl-devel: but the version is 7.15.5, is older than 7.18.0.
>
> Please Help: where can i get curl-devel version>-7.18.0?

Which version of CentOs?  Fedora 16 ships with 7.21.7; perhaps you can
grab that srpm and rebuild it for CentOS.

If you need more support than what you can get by randomly backporting
packages to CentOS, might I suggest trying RHEL for full Red Hat
support?  And if you don't need paid support, then Fedora tends to be
further along then CentOS, at the cost of less enterprise stability.