[libvirt-users] Python Libvirt Bindings

Hubert Zhang xuebo at yahoo.com
Mon May 21 18:03:01 UTC 2012

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvirt-users/2012-May/msg00005.html

When I run the sample code with the case of  Python code for using qemu+tcp with SASL, I always got this SASL error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "esxList.py", line 102, in ?
    conn = libvirt.openAuth(uri, auth, 0)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 102, in openAuth
    if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virConnectOpenAuth() failed')
libvirt.libvirtError: authentication failed: Failed to start SASL negotiation: -4 (SASL(-4): no mechanism available:

I have no problem to run the C&java code with qemu+tcp with SASL. Is it possible an error of Python binding?

Thanks,
-Hubert