[libvirt-users] libvirt read only connections upgraded to full access connections

Doug Goldstein cardoe at gentoo.org
Mon May 7 19:47:39 UTC 2012

I've gone through the docs and the API and I didn't see a way to do
this but I wanted to confirm. My application gives a bunch of info on
the state of a VM that's available through a connection created
through libvirt.openReadOnly() but at some point the user might want
to restart the VM let's say. This requires a full privilege
connection, rather than opening a new connection I was hoping to
upgrade the existing one to a full privilege connection.

Just confirming that's not possible.

--
Doug Goldstein