[libvirt-users] SSH connection timeout

Ananth cbananth at gmail.com
Tue May 8 13:24:30 UTC 2012

Hi,
I am trying to connect to libvirt on KVM host from a remote python client,
using the connection string "qemu+ssh://<IP Address>/system"
If I setup password less SSH (Public key) between the machines, I am able
to proceed with the connection. But If I have not setup the public key
authentication, my code hangs trying to connect to libvirt, and there is a
prompt for entering password in the shell where the code is running.

Is there any way to catch this in an exception and throw an error that
public key not setup or password not available? Or is it possible to
timeout and abort the request to connect to the host? Whatever timeout
variables available online seem to work only for an already active SSH
session to timeout.

Any pointers ?

--
Regards