[libvirt-users] Using virsh to connect to ESX

Mauro Monteiro maumontesilva at gmail.com
Wed May 16 22:44:48 UTC 2012

Hello All,

I have just started studying the libvirt and I am trying to connect to ESX
Server (version 4) using virsh (version 0.7.5) using the following command:

virsh -c esx+ssh://root@<fully qualified hostname)>

It inquires the root password and as soon as I inform the password it
throws the error:

error: cannot recv data: Connection reset by peer
error: failed to connect to the hypervisor

I can access my server using ssh. I am running it from Ubuntu 10.04 and the
libvirt version 0.7.5. Can someone help me?

--
[]'s
Mauro